Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Crest


My graphic designer friend, Emily, and her husband both have last names that are common nouns, like A and I do. She thought it would be so funny if A and I came up with a family 'crest' that incorporated both of our last names (Hammer and Spears). At first, we all kind of laughed and dismissed it, but then I really thought about it some more--why not incorporate this somehow in our wedding stationery? We could do it in a way that would be fun, but not too too cutesy. Just a small monogram-type image on the invitations or programs (or both).
Will need to discuss with Emily again, to see if she might be able to help us. My design skills are very poor although A professes an expert status in using Paint :)
Crests kind of have that royal, British thing going on. Thoughts? Is this idea over the top?

No comments:

Post a Comment