Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friday night frights

OK, hopefully I'm not the only soon-to-be-bride in history to have extremely disturbing, awful, worst-case-scenario dreams about her wedding. This happens to me several times a week, and I feel like I just got started with this wedding-planning thing. Last night, I had a dream that I was marrying a prince (but he looked just like A, with a little crown) and of course I didn't know all of the royal wedding etiquette--do I bow, curtsey, lead/follow in the processional? Plus, my dress was delivered just a few minutes before the ceremony and it was ALL WRONG. It has these just awful sleeves, plus the sweetheart neckline was covered up in dreadful black/red silk to the neck. For some reason I was wearing awful pantyhose (which I despise) with black peep toe shoes (uggg!) and absolutely no sign of a veil. Papparazzi were attacking me, asking "who are you wearing?"
Of course, I use my very limited knowledge of psychology to explain to myself that this is just my stress manifesting itself in my subconscience (does that even make sense???). Thankfully, it was just a dream.
Yesterday was A's and my 4 year dating anniversary. He was very sweet to get me surprise beautiful lilies and a cute card. Plus, he has offered to schedule me a spa visit to de-stress from the wedding planning. Yay!
Today, I am considering fun table decoration ideas. Since the colors will be iguana green (thanks Sooze!) and ocean blue, we might bring in some elements to tie in A's and my love of all things ocean, water, beach, and fishing (well, I enjoy fishing mainly when it involves boats and/or laying out in warm weather). Mom came up with an idea for having a colorful fish in a small, stable bowl as a part of the centerpieces on some tables. I think this is brilliant. Do you think it would be weird to eat on a table with a fish in a bowl??

1 comment:

  1. I think fish are a great idea; I was thinking about doing it at my wedding. The only problem is: what do you do with the fish afterwards? I mean, you can't flush your wedding fish down the toilet. Maybe you can give them away as wedding favors to a select few brave guests? I just was nervous about getting stuck with a big bowl of fish, and then having to worry about them dying after a year, and then what kind of omen is that??? So we just printed fish on the guest cards.

    ReplyDelete