Thursday, June 4, 2009

License to Wed


Thankfully it was a relatively slow-ish day at work, and I was able to do quite a bit of research on the process for obtaining that little slip of paper that allows you to make the marriage official. apparently, just saying 'I do' in front of a church full of people doesn't do it for the states of Tennessee or Texas. Let me break it down. First of all, county clerks are not too skilled at website design or clarity of message. After much back and forth and emailing to the county clerks, it seems like I will have to get a license in TN since the TX license is only good for getting married in the state of TX. But, the TN license must be purchased 30 days or less from the date of the wedding ($100, ugg. i am cheap and hate that it is $30 more than the TX license). This means A and I will be booking it to the adorable Jonesborough city hall (see pic) for our license just a couple of days before the wedding--since we'll be in TX until just before the wedding. I can picture a cute photo op on the steps of the city hall.
Stress meter somewhat high, but I think it will work out fine :)

2 comments:

  1. No worries little friend, ours was a very low-stress marriage license obtaining situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we did the same thing. I think 3 days before we got married... maybe 5?

    ReplyDelete