Monday, July 13, 2009

Shoe search


You would think it would be somewhat easy to find appropriately dressy, non-frumpy low-ish heels to wear with a wedding dress. for less than $80. i am not super picky--they don't even have to be dye-able white satin. they could be gold or silver or nude or even a light color blue. does everyone either wear super high stilettos (um, can see blister nightmare occurring) or ug ballet flats (or worse--flip flops. but may be excusable if you are married on/near a beach)? My search has included my closet, my mom's closet, multiple shoe stores and malls and the internets (alllll of the internets). Have even considered a DIY shoe project involving feathers. Not much luck.
OK I will step down from my soapbox (um, shoebox?) now. But seriously, I want to be comfortable and I am nearly as tall as A with any kind of heel on. Of course I am used to being taller than everyone else, but on my wedding day I want to look petite (well as petite as 6' can be) next to A in pictures. Is that so much to ask?
Other considerations--I have heard that the guys' tux shoes will add height. Yay! Also, my dress was ordered so that it would be just long enough with a roughly 1-1.5" heel.
Enter Zappos.com. Clearly the best selection of wedding appropriate shoes for a low-ish heel. Believe me, I have looked. Unless you are considering spending $200 or more (oh, Louboutin how I wish my budget could afford you), this is the place to be. Am considering purchasing these dyeable shoes which are slightly more than I wanted to spend, but not sure if I will really need to dye them. My dress is a light ivory (not white).
Thoughts? Do you like these shoes? Should I dye them ivory?

4 comments:

  1. The fabric for the flower girl dress was white, which wouldn't go with your ivory dress at all, so I made a strong pot of coffee and submerged the fabric in that. It looks great. Starbucks, anyone?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoe woes! I wore my 4 inch heels around the house for a week before to avoid blister problems.
    Have you seen these:
    http://www.moonstoneweddings.com/bridallowheels.php?c=009405

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not much help in the shoe hunt- thought i DO feel your pain in *being tall as/ taller than the man in your life and *never being able to find near-flats that are trendy but not flip-flops. *sigh*. And internet shoes always scare me, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!! Good luck, sista! (and, if you wear size 10, maybe i'll be asking to borrow those shoes one day... lol) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I would dye the shoes to a light ivory color - if your dress is ivory. The new dyeable bridal shoes are sooo much better than 'back in the day' - some of the online stores can dye to match - or go direct to the manufacturer www.coloriffics.com - they will dye to match. Zappos is the best! They rock with shipping, selection etc. Congrats and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete