Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Celebrity Sightings!

Went to LA last weekend to visit my amazingly funny and awesome friend, Sam. She is one of those people who can strike up a conversation with anyone in an elevator and have a funny story about it later. Usually involving mimed butt grabbing of strangers or something equally embarrassing (shame).
My main goal for the trip was to see some at least B-list celebs. Because I love celebrities and spotting them in their natural habitat: West Hollywood. It is like anthropology. Not shallow at all. Previous to this trip my best celeb spotting was with my mom at the Palms in Vegas when we were IN AUDRINA'S ELEVATOR. I died.
My other (secondary) goal was to eat some good food. Accomplished. Check out Village Idiot (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-village-idiot-los-angeles) and Toast (http://www.yelp.com/biz/toast-bakery-cafe-los-angeles). Very hip and very very tasty. Also had fun at a wine tasting event at Bacchus.

So, about the celebs. Winston's luckily let us into their bar on Friday night. They were having a 'semi-private' party and seemed to think we were non-sketchy enough to allow in. haha, they might have changed their minds if they knew how much celeb-stalking-tourist capability I have. anyhow, we took a seat at a table and AMANDA BYNES (from Hairspray and other Nickelodeon-type movies/tv shows) sits down right across from us with a tall hottie date. She had really great hair/makeup but was kinda boring all night. The semi private party was for Jamie Lynn Sigler's (Sopranos) birthday party. She was there, looking very cute in a coral dress, with the entire cast of ENTOURAGE. Everyone--Adrien Grenier, Jeremy Piven, Turtle, Kevin Connoly, and Kevin Dylan. They were all very short but exciting to see. We also say Channing Tatum and Britney Snow (Prom, Hairspray, Gossip Girl). Britney and I will prob be best friends now, since we chatted in the bathroom about how old the song was that they were playing and how it reminds us of middle school!!! haha. I am such a nerd.

Apparently this level of awesomeness is not a normal occurence and I shouldn't expect this every time I come to LA. Too bad. But thrilling for my first night in LA.

We also saw Leona Lewis when we were shopping for jeans on Sunday afternoon!! She is such a talented singer. Contemplated taking a picture but settled on wearing my shades and staring for about 5 minutes. Not obvious at all.


On the wedding planning front--there are a few new developments on the selection of a location. I am now reconsidering a wedding in Johnson City (TN). Here are the pros for a JC wedding:

1. Everything will be much much cheaper (including venue, food, drink, music, photography)
2. Could get married on a Saturday night
3. Could have ceremony at mom's church
4. Would be able to mom's expert wedding planning skills in full effect
5. Could have great location for reception with good food
6. Less stress for me
7. I could come home several times to help plan
8. I could have Tim/Kim (my awesome violin teachers) play for the wedding!!!
9. Hotels would be cheaper for visitors. Could put together a list of fun activities/food/sights for the out of towners. Maybe even a shuttle to/from the hotel?? Just a thought.


Cons are the location inconvenience for some (cost of flights and transportation issues, plus JC is just not as exciting as Houston). And, some pretty major issues with the guestlist and alcohol at reception (I'll just leave that vague). Oh well. I am going to think about this for a while and make a decision pretty soon.

3 comments:

  1. BOOMSHAKALAKA! I am tres jealoux of your celeb spotting. The best I did on my last trip was Richard Simmons. Fail. What an exciting trip you had!

    I completely understand the wedding location conundrum. We wrestled with Dallas vs Puerto Rico and then Dallas vs El Paso. You do whatever is going to make Spammer happy and don't underestimate low stress levels during wedding planning!

    Erioquin will sell our kidneys if we have to in order to be wherever you choose! Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I am jealous of your new found bff.
    2. I need a new celeb bff.
    3. I will attend a JC wedding and not throw queso on other persons.
    4. I fear you will have a wedding sans queso.

    ReplyDelete