Saturday, September 12, 2009

The dress has arrived!

It's been several months since I found THE DRESS. The sample I tried on was quite a bit different that the order I placed--I wanted a lighter color, longer hem and waaay longer train. A girl needs a train on her wedding day. (The purpose of this silly extra swath of fabric? I'm not sure--but it looks awesome and dramatic, right?)

So, I was dying to see my dress in person after having tried to picture it in my mind hundreds of times. THE DRESS was supposed to be delivered to the store "around the week of September 24th" (ug, vagueness with details of this importance? seriously?). I called Houston Bridal & Formal on Thursday of this week, since I figured I had tested my patience enough. And as luck would have it, it had arrived that day! Me and the dress have a special connection that way ;)

They told me to hold off till Saturday to come in for a visit, since they were 'checking it over' (which doesn't reassure, but whatev). So, I came in at the dot of three, which is the earliest they take walk-ins on weekends.

Friends--it is even more beautiful and stunning than I imagined! The bridal consulant ladies had to watch me ooh and ahh for about five minutes as I inspected it from every angle. Color: the perfect creamy ivory, length: perfect, train: superfantastic! I even got a little teary eyed. And then I changed back in to my regular-girl clothes and grudgingly left without it so that they can steam and press it before I pick it up at the end of the month. Elation and sigh of relief and excitement to wear it on the big day!!!

I did discover that I will need some help in the bust area for some filling-out-itude. Hitting Victoria's Secret today to look for something that I'm not sure exists: strapless, padded, ivory, low-back (ish), push-up bra (but not too too cleavage inducing, which isn't really possible for me anyhow). Wish me luck.

As if that weren't enough of me being ridiculously happy for the day--I also found my perfect rehearsal dinner dress, after many hours of online shopping over the past few weeks (slash stalking of bananarepublic.com and jcrew.com for sales). I found it at Saks of all places (I do not shop at a Saks usually unless it is associated with some mega outlet discounts). Here is a sneak peak of the detail of the dress. And the back is super special and different! I will save the full reveal for later :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited for you!
    I wanted to leave the store with my dress on...I wasn't allowed :(
    So pumped to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there to shed a tear, also. I'm missing out on all the important stuff. You have to be a vision of loveliness.

    ReplyDelete