Saturday, August 8, 2009

From Russia with Love

Excuse the blurry picture. This is my recent makeover attempt, with Clinique. Although I normally wear hardly any makeup and have mimimal makeup-application skill (despite my collection of makeup and beauty coffee table books) I am tackling DIY wedding day makeup. I've made this decision mainly out of fear. Fear for looking like a Davy Crockett High School prom (sorry for the East Tennesse inside joke) at the hands of a mystery makeup artist. I know I could do a 'trial run' with someone but the idea of saying 'sorry, I think you're terrible and I won't be seeing you again' makes me jittery. And I think I would probably hate it, given my history with makeovers.
My lovely maid of honor did her own makeup for her wedding and it turned out great. So, I am copying her by visiting Clinique and MAC to get some instruction and products.
I was fairly happy with the results at Clinique. And the older Russian lady who was helping me was absolutely adorable--she had an endearing way of alternating between chastising me for my makeup/beauty habits (you must drink more water--no more Coke! you wash your face morning and night!)and showering me with compliments that was hilarious, especially in a funny kind of Russian-English.
So, I bought some foundation (yikes!) and some other fun products like liquid eyeliner and am practicing every day. I am looking forward to going to MAC tomorrow, to see what they suggest for my eyelashes (am hoping for a greenlight to proceed with fake eyelashes!)

3 comments:

  1. I would also try Bare Minerals - their make-up is bananas, offers great coverage, lasts for so long and while it may take a little bit longer to put on, is worth it. My sister did my make-up with Bare Minerals on my wedding day and it was great and I only touched up once the whole 10-hour day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS the word I just had to type in before my comment was approved was Bedina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your makeup looks awesome! Good job! I loooove the Davy Crockett HS joke :) Can't wait for Austin next weekend!

    ReplyDelete