Monday, November 23, 2009

And I----e----I will always love you

As much as I love love love my wedding dress to somewhat unhealthy levels, I have decided to put it up for sale. Sigh. I am a bit sad, but perhaps my lovely dress can be worn and enjoyed by another lucky lady. It feels v strange to turn so quickly from obsessing and loving to slapping on a price tag and hoping for someone to take it away. But, it's for the best. Do it quickly, like a band aid.

For those pondering whether to sell, here are my top reasons in favor:

1. It's like recycling. Recycling is so hot right now :)

2. Wedding dresses take up a lot of space. I need this space for my clothes/shoe/handbag habit

3. As awesome of a dress as it is, I will never wear it again. And neither will my hypothetical future child, who would need the dress approximately 30 years from now. Let's review fashionable wedding dresses from 30 years ago:

Exactly.
4. Plus, let's be real, I can think of a lot of things I will do with the $$. Like buy expensive wii bundles, or unrealistically tall cole haan boots. Or both.

It's a tough decision, but I think I will be glad. I'll just hang a 4 foot picture of me in the dress in the entryway. just kidding.

ps - shameless plug. i will be posting the dress on weddingbee and ebay very soon. if you know any brides who are interested, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I want to do the same but J and the mom forbid it. I may just do it anyway, neither of them would ever know! Plus, I have some ideas for the money too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, how are we all going to meet again one day and wear our wedding dresses and party if you sell yours? Kidding, kidding. I am wondering if I'll do the same with the one I'll (soon) buy-- except I bet my mom will take it and put it on her mannequins. LOL

    Hooray for recycling!

    ReplyDelete